|Item or Series Title||Lansing Fire Department|
|Parent Catalog Number||1996-01-001.011|
A photograph of the Lansing Fire Department on Allegan between Grand and Washington streets. Along the street is Bidwell Threshers, the Central Fire Station, Charles Smith & Son Saloon, and Queen's Lunch Counter. One of the wagons is labeled Chemical No. 1.
There is mostly illegible pencil writing on the front of the photo's mount that includes "Chief Delfs" - Hugo Delfs was the fire chief at the time of the photograph.
The front of the photograph is stamped F. J. Christopher, 1142 S. Washington Ave., Lansing. On the back is "Amateur Photo by Edward Abbey, Lansing, Mich."
This photograph appears on page 88 in J. P. Edmonds' book Early Lansing History.
|Old ID Number||Fire Dept\B12F09_001|
|Collection Title||Ford Ceasar Collection|
Christopher, F. J.
|Dates of Creation||1906|
|Copyright Information||Capital Area District Libraries makes no representation that it is the owner of the copyright in any published material. It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain permission to publish from the owner of the copyright.|
Allegan Street West
Grand Avenue North
Washington Avenue North