|Item or Series Title||Early School on South Mill Street|
|Parent Catalog Number||1996-01-001.010|
"One of the first - This two-room frame school, built in 1870 in the 100 block of South Mill Street, cost $3,000. It was the original Larch Street School, preceding the brick structure erected in 1888. Pilgrim Congregational Church used this building for a time, starting in about 1893."
According to Aldinger's "History and Growth of the Lansing Public Schools" (Vol. 1), the church bought this building in approximately 1888 or 1889. Then in 1892 the school district rented it back from the church to be used to accomodate its growing demands for the rest of that year.
|Old ID Number||Ward Schools\FC001|
|Collection Title||Ford Ceasar Collection|
|Dates of Creation||circa 1892|
|Copyright Information||Capital Area District Libraries makes no representation that it is the owner of the copyright in any published material. It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain permission to publish from the owner of the copyright.|
|People and Organizations||
Lansing School District