Museum Homepage

Archive Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Item or Series Title Cherry Street School
Catalog Number 1996-01-001.010.008
Parent Catalog Number 1996-01-001.010
Description "Cherry Street School was built in 1894 to replace Ward School Three located on South Street. It was discontinued for classroom use in 1934 and rented for two years. Beginning in 1937 it housed the maintenance department until the department was moved into the old Shaberg-Detrick Hardware building which the school board acquired about 1940. The Cherry building was then remodeled and became offices for an architect firm which still retain it as of 1963."
Old ID Number Cherry St\FC001
Collection Title Ford Ceasar Collection
Creator Ceasar, Ford
Date circa 1894
Dates of Creation circa 1894
Object Name Photograph
Copyright Information Capital Area District Libraries makes no representation that it is the owner of the copyright in any published material. It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain permission to publish from the owner of the copyright.
People and Organizations Lansing School District
Search Terms Lansing (Mich.)
Schools
Photographs
Cherry Street